Certified Interpretive Guide Workshop
September 29 - October 2
Instructor: Reed Osler
The Certified Interpretive Guide program is designed for anyone who delivers interpretive programs to the public. It combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors.
This 32-hour course includes:
- history, definition, and principles of interpretation
- making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- presentation and communication skills
- certification requirements (50-question literature review; program outline; 10-minute presentation)
all materials, workbook, and CIG course textbook
Requirements for the CIG Course
Anyone age 16 or over with a desire to increase their knowledge and skills related to interpretation may participate. You can also elect to take the training without becoming certified. You do not have to be an NAI member to take the training course.
Prices and more details to follow.