- This event has passed.
Galiano Kids’ Nature Campout
July 24 @ 2:00 pm - July 26 @ 12:00 pm
Join us for the Galiano Kids’ Nature Campout on Galiano Island. It’s three days and two nights of fun in nature, for kids aged 9-13. All you need is an attitude set for fun.
We’ll spend the first day setting up tent town and getting to know the lay of the land with the educational game Ecotopia. In the evening, we’ll go for a sunset hike and “campfire”— with snacks. As dark draws near, we’ll have music around the campfire, and then climb into our tents to revel in the cozy cocoons that we set up ourselves. We’ll sleep snug in our tents under a magnificent sky full of stars.
The second day starts with a light breakfast and some very creative stretching. We continue our epic Ecotopia game, and If the day is hot, we must just have to have a water battle.
The rest of the day will be spent preparing for Circus Night. By dusk, the circus will be open for business. There will be as many acts as we can produce, from stand up comedy and skits to dance routines to hula hooping and cartwheeling. We’ll wrap up our evening with some hot apple cider, chips and card playing.
The third and final day will feature “Minute to Win It” games, a good breakfast, and the finale of Ecotopia. Lastly, we’ll say “so long” to new and old friends, and look forward to next year.
Cost: $225 per child
Site Accommodation and Amenities
- Meals are provided.
- We will be camping in tents at the Millard Learning Centre.
- There is a building with a hall and kitchen that will be used for cooking and eating.
- Utensils for cooking and eating will be provided. This includes plates, bowls, cups, cutlery etc.
- Potable drinking water will be available.
- Outhouses are situated next to the camping area. Fires are prohibited, but we will have a propane run ‘campfire’ at night.
- Garbage, recycling and compost stations are available on site.
- We have some extra camping gear that is available for you to borrow. If you need anything please let us know in advance.
- Available gear: tents, sleeping pads, headlamps, rain jackets.
Drop off and pickup
Those already on-island may drop of their kids at the Millard Learning Centre, 10825 Porlier Pass Rd, at 2 pm. If you’re coming from off-island as a walk-on ferry passenger, we can meet you at the Galiano ferry terminal—just let us know what time you’re arriving. Pickup will be at noon, two days later, either at the Learning Centre for on-island residents, or at the BC Ferries terminal.
Click here for a list of things to pack for the campout.
The registration deadline is July 10, 2017. A $50 non-refundable deposit, which will be applied to the fee, must be received by the deadline at our office or mailed to us at 2540 Sturdies Bay Rd, Galiano Island BC, V0N 1P0. The Galiano Kids Campout costs $225 (and includes food).
Bursaries are available for those who need them. If you require a bursary, click here:
A participant package with campout details and information will be emailed to you by July 15, 2017.
Contact Reed at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.