- This event has passed.
Galiano Kids Campout 2019
August 7, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – August 9, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
It’s time for the 7th annual Galiano Kids’ Nature Campout! Come new and come old, as long as you are prepared for three days and two nights of fun in nature, for kids aged 9-12.
All three days of camp will be centered around the outdoor “choose your own adventure” sustainability game – Ecotopia!
Evenings will be spent around the “Camp Fire” making music and telling stories, that is of course, after we get back from watching the sunset. Finally, we will crawl into our tents to revel in the cozy cocoons that we set up ourselves. We’ll sleep snug in our tents under a magnificent sky full of stars.
The last day will provide an opportunity for everyone to show off their “Minute to Win It” skills before the grand finale of Ecotopia. Lastly, we’ll say “so long” to new and old friends, and look forward to next year.
Site Accommodation and Amenities
- Meals are provided.
- We will be camping in tents at the Millard Learning Centre.
- There is a building with a hall and kitchen that will be used for cooking and eating.
- Utensils for cooking and eating will be provided. This includes plates, bowls, cups, cutlery etc.
- Potable drinking water will be available.
- Outhouses are situated next to the camping area. Fires are prohibited, but we will have a propane run ‘campfire’ at night.
- Garbage, recycling and compost stations are available on site.
- We have some extra camping gear that is available for you to borrow. If you need anything, please let us know in advance.
- Available gear: tents, sleeping pads, headlamps, rain jacket.
Drop off – August 7th @ 2pm
Those already on-island may drop of their kids at the Millard Learning Centre, 10825 Porlier Pass Rd, at 2 pm. We will be meeting at the classroom building (left fork of road at top of hill). If you’re coming from off-island as a walk-on ferry passenger, we can meet you at the Galiano ferry terminal—just let us know what time you’re arriving.Click here for a list of things to pack for the campout
Pickup – August 9th @ noon
Pickup will be at noon on Friday August 9th either at the Learning Centre classroom for on-island residents. Parents may arrange with GCA staff if their child needs transportation to the BC Ferries terminal.
To register for Galiano Kids’ Nature Campout 2019 please fill out the form below. A $50 non-refundable deposit, which will be applied to the fee, must be received by July 24 at our office or mailed to us at 2540 Sturdies Bay Rd, Galiano Island BC, V0N 1P0.
The Galiano Kids Campout costs $225 (which includes food). Bursaries are available for those who need them. If you require a bursary, click here
A participant package with campout details and information will be emailed to you by July 23rd, 2019. Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns or to register by email.