Fall Herbal Harvest 2021
NEW! Workshop Date & Time: Saturday, October 30th from 9AM – 4PM
Workshop Location: Millard Learning Centre (10825 Porlier Pass Road)
In this in-person workshop, learn from trained herbalist and GCA Sustainable Food Systems Coordinator Cedana Bourne as she teaches how to identify and sustainably harvest edible and medicinal native plants belonging to BC’s Coastal Douglas-fir ecosystems.
In the afternoon, get hands-on experience preparing your own topical herbal medicines. Together we will make an Oregon Grape Root and Red Cedar salve and a Sword Fern and Red Alder liniment. Take home samples of what you prepared along with other herbal resources acquired in class.
For more general information about our Herbal Harvest workshops click here.
Coming from off-island? Camp at the Millard Learning Centre!
Camp for $15 per person per night at our Frontcountry Campground on Friday, October 29th and/or Saturday October, 30th.
Need to rent gear? We rent Camping combos (tents, sleeping bags, mats & headlamps) for $15/person.
- Workshop participants must sign the COVID-19 Acknowledgement Form and must not come to the workshop if they do not meet requirements stated on the form.
- This workshop will be limited to 15 participants. Contact tracing information will be kept for 30 days after the workshop.
- This workshop will be mostly outside. Masks must be worn while inside the Classroom building for indoor portions of the workshop.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be provided to workshop participants.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 weeks after attending the Fall Herbal Harvest workshop please contact us at 250-539-2424 or email@example.com
What to Bring
- Clothes for rain or shine – most of this workshop will be held outside. Please dress appropriately.
- Closed-toe, sturdy shoes (we will do a forest walk in the morning)
- Mask (masks must be worn indoors; face shields may only be worn in conjunction with a face mask not alone)
- 2 x Mason Jars or other glass containers ~500mL in size
- Travel Mug/Thermos – for tea that we harvest from the forest.
- Water bottle (1L recommended)
- Optional – Harvesting basket & secateurs/garden snips
- Optional – camera
GCA Office (Monday – Friday 9AM – 4PM): 250-539-2424
Emily Francis (Ticket Sales & Camping Info | Education Coordinator) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cedana Bourne (Workshop Instructor | Sustainable Food Systems Coordinator) – email@example.com
Ticket Payment & Cancellation Policy
To register for the workshop, please purchase a workshop ticket below. If you prefer to pay for your workshop ticket with cash, debit or cheque please contact Emily, our Education Coordinator at the office.
Tickets are fully refundable up to 2 weeks prior to the workshop. If you need to cancel your ticket within 2 weeks of the workshop for COVID-19 or illness-related reasons, we will defer your ticket funds towards a future Herbal Harvest or other adult community workshop within the next calendar year.
If we need to cancel the workshop, we will give you as much notice as possible and will refund your ticket completely.
Tickets (Workshop Registration)
Locals discount available. Contact Emily (contact info above) for more information.