UVIC Student Presentations
Welcome Back Students!
It is with pleasure and a certain relief that we welcome back UVic students to the Millard Learning Centre. We are hosting 11 students this week, who are working with Dr. Eric Higgs in the (8th!) annual field course on ecological restoration and regenerative design. This is the first such learning program we have been able to host onsite since the pandemic began!
We invite you to join us for the presentation of their initial research findings on five exciting projects that will support the ongoing restoration efforts at the Millard Learning Centre (and beyond). The students are grateful for the support you show them, and these annual presentations have become a tradition of the GCA.
- Assessing deer browsing intensity at the Millard Learning Centre
- Chrystal Creek Watershed planting and deer exclosure planning
- Equity, diversity, inclusion and decolonization for restoration projects
- Updating the restorative interpretive trail at Pebble Beach reserve
- 360 multimedia interpretation of Chrystal Creek Watershed restoration
Location – Classroom field
The students will present outside in field behind the classroom building under a shade structure (big white tent) with well-spaced audience seating.
Please park at the top of the property by the GCA Program Centre (office) and walk down the left fork in the road. If you have mobility limitations you are welcome to drive down to the Classroom. Please ensure when you park that you are not blocking emergency access loop.
– Presentation Outdoor Event Capacity: 50
– Please bring a mask with you and wear when you are inside the washroom and when you are unable to distance 2 meters from other event attendees
– We will be taking COVID-19 contact tracing information. Please sign in at the registration table.