Donated by our friends at Mountain Equipment Co-op.
Here’s a real backpack that’s reduced in size (but not in features) for young hikers and adventurers. The internal frame ensures effective weight transfer to their hips to help carry loads. The compression strap and back panel system squeezes bulky loads down to a manageable volume, and there’s a wide adjustment range so this pack can grow with your child as they head off to summer camp and further adventures.
- Top-loading design with a bottom-access zipper for getting at things without unloading it all.
- Zippered pocket on the adjustable lid. Under-lid pocket with key clip.
- Front zippered pocket and hipbelt pockets for quick access items.
- Stretch side pockets hold waterbottles.
- Spindrift collar with drawcord keeps out the weather and allows overloading.
- Webbing ladder-adjustable shoulder harness and adjustable hip belt fins grow with your child.
- Hydration system ready with an internal sleeve, hanger and hose port.
- Breathable, air mesh backing on hipbelt, back panel and shoulder straps for comfort.
- Plastic back panel with metal frame stiffener effectively transfers weight to the hipbelt.