Formed in 1989, The Galiano Conservancy has been a leading force in protecting the lands and waters of Canada’s west coast for 26 years. Through acquisition of land and conservation covenants, the Galiano Conservancy has helped to protect more than 2000 acres of land on Galiano Island, located in one of Canada’s most imperilled ecosystems.
The first land trust established in British Columbia’s Southern Gulf Islands, the Conservancy is widely recognized for innovative approaches to ecological restoration, conservation mapping, habitat protection and action-oriented hands-on environmental education for participants of all ages from the region. The Learning Centre is now the home location of education programming.
By leaving a bequest to the Galiano Conservancy, you can help to secure the peace and beauty of our special island far into the future. Your legacy will help to sustain the work of the Galiano Conservancy for generationsto come.
There are many ways to create your legacy gift.
Please talk to your legal and financial advisors, your family and us about gifts such as:
- a bequest (a gift in your will)
- a life insurance policy that benefits the Conservancy
- gifts of assets such as securities (please ask about tax advantages. You no longer have to pay capital gains tax on gifts of securities.)
- gifts of land. Ecological gifts may qualify for tax advantages under the Federal Government’s Ecological Gifts Program. Other gifts may be converted to valuable legacy gifts.
- gifts to the Galiano Conservancy Association Endowment Fund at the Vancouver Foundation
- other options including charitable gift annuities.
There are various tax advantages to these gifts, both during your lifetime and to your estate.
Learn more here in our Legacy Guide to Giving.
Ask us today for your FREE hard copy of the guide.