Education Rentals Information
Millard Learning Centre Accommodations
The 188-acre Millard Learning Centre has a diversity of amenities including two campgrounds, a solar-powered Classroom, beach access & more!
Both campgrounds are tent-only and have a picnic area, outhouses and a group firepit. Both sites are just a short walk to Chrystal Cove Beach on the Learning Centre property.
$350/night – up to 50 campers or 20 tents
This easily accessible “glamp”-site is right next to the Classroom building. The Frontcountry Campground is great for education groups looking to introduce their students to camping and for overnight field schools.
$80/night – up to 36 campers or 12 tents
Experience the serenity of the woods without having to hike too far. This campground is perfect for Scouts/Guides, Duke of Ed. award-seekers, restoration volunteer retreats and groups looking for an economical place to stay on Galiano.
24h use included in Frontcountry Campground stay | Day Rental (9AM-5PM) – Please contact us.
Solar-powered with rustic charm, the Classroom building is a cozy and inviting place to learn. With thousands of faces gathering under its roof since 2014, the Classroom continues to build a rich history in stories and shared experiences.
Prep meals for your education group using the Classroom’s kitchen space and equipment including:
- Fridge/ Freezer and food storage space
- Gas-powered stove-top & oven
- Industrial kitchen sink, dish soap & dish towels
- Cookware [eg. big & small pots, pans, strainers, cooking utensils like spatulas, tongs, ladels etc.]
- Dinnerware for approximately 50 people [eg. utensils, napkins, big & small plates, bowls etc.]
Dining & Learning Hall
The Hall is suitable for up to ~40 people as a classroom or dining area or ~30 people as an indoor sleeping space. The Hall has the following amenities:
- Wifi (for learning use/adults only)
- Projector (with HDMI connection)
- Places to charge devices
- Tables & chairs
- “Dobby” the Telescope (kindly donated by Galiano locals Brian Mitchell and Don Anderson)
- 4 sinks
- 3 flush toilets (gender-neutral)
- 2 showers
- We stock toilet paper, hand soap and towels for hand drying but do not provide shampoo/ soap or towels for shower use
Explore intertidal life and watch the sunset at the south-west facing Chrystal Cove Beach. Just a short stroll from both campgrounds at the Millard Learning Centre.
The Millard Learning Centre is not a private campground.
The Classroom, Frontcountry and Backcountry campgrounds may be rented by groups/ individuals who are involved in Galiano Conservancy environmental education programs, GCA volunteer events or who are using the space for other environmental education purposes (eg. community workshops, conservation symposiums, speaker series etc.).
Please contact us if you would like to rent facilities at the Millard Learning Centre.
Millard Learning Centre Address
10825 Porlier Pass Road
Galiano Island, BC
Office (Mon – Fri 9AM-4PM): 250-539-2424